NFL player visits Pleasant Hill Elementary School
New Orleans Saints linebacker Chris Chamberlain visited the school as part of National School Breakfast Week.
MIDWEST CITY — Students at Pleasant Hill Elementary in the Midwest City-Del City School District celebrated National School Breakfast Week with a visit from a professional football player.
New Orleans Saints linebacker Chris Chamberlain visited the school on Friday to have breakfast with students. Chamberlain is familiar with Oklahoma, having grown up in Bethany before playing college football at the University of Tulsa.
National School Breakfast Week highlights the importance of eating a healthy breakfast before school each day and staying active throughout the day.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims