Nicholls State-Oregon State Preview Capsule
Nicholls State (1-9) at No. 16 Oregon State (8-3) 2:30 p.m. ET (Pac-12 Network)
Line: No line.
Series Record: First meeting.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
This game was supposed to be the season opener for both Nicholls State and Oregon State, but it got postponed when Hurricane Isaac took aim at the Colonels' Thibodeaux, La., campus and closed down the school. Nicholls State is struggling with a seven-game losing streak, while the Beavers are coming off a 48-24 loss to intrastate rival Oregon in the Civil War.
Nicholls State's passing offense against Oregon State's defense. The Colonels' receiving has improved this season and ranked third in the Southland Conference with an average of 226.9 yards a game. The Beavers are ranked third in the Pac-12 in pass defense, allowing an average of 227.6 yards a game.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Nicholls State: QB QB Landry Klann. The junior has 1,885 yards passing and needs just 115 to become the first ?rst 2,000-yard passer for the Colonels since Brad Zeller threw for 2,374 yards in 1998.
Oregon State: CB Jordan Poyer: The senior, a Pac-12 first-team selection, is tied for fourth in the nation with six interceptions this season. Overall, the Beavers have 17 interceptions, tied for sixth in the nation.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed