Nigh Center at University of Central Oklahoma gets $450,000 renovation
University of Central Oklahoma's Nigh University Center has been renovated. The project was paid for with rental fees collected over the years.
Nigh Center offers at least 25 rooms with 37,000 square feet of technology-equipped space available for meetings, awards ceremonies, black-tie functions and weddings.
Wood flooring in the Grand Ballroom has been redone for the first time since 1967.
“It has a great finish,” Vega said. “It looks great.”
Audiovisual equipment has been upgraded in Constitutional Hall, making the areas more digital. Fourteen of the meeting rooms now have 60-inch LCD monitors.
New conference chairs and classroom-style tables have been purchased.
“It will add to the overall experience,” Vega said. “There is carpeting, painting and lighting throughout.”
Catering also is available for those using the Nigh Center, ranging from boxed lunches to sit-down meals for up to 500 people. Themed buffets and a full service bar also are offered.
For more information, go to www.eventservices.uco.edu.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort