Niners facing tough call on Akers
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — As David Akers attempted a 43-yard field goal Sunday, a television camera zeroed in on Jim Harbaugh's pained and grimacing face “Barely,” the 49ers head coach said as the third-quarter attempt passed inside the upright to give the 49ers a 10-6 lead.
NewsOK Related Articles
Akers previously had missed two attempts from 40 yards and beyond, and Harbaugh did not give the kicker a chance at two additional long-distance kicks, electing to go for it on fourth down...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims