NIreland-Russia qualifier postponed for 2nd time
BELFAST, Northern Ireland (AP) — Russia's World Cup qualifier at Northern Ireland has been postponed for a second straight day due to wintry weather.
Heavy snow initially led to the match being postponed on Friday. Additional snow fell on the field Saturday and ice formed.
No new date was set.
Russia (4-0) leads Group F with 12 points, four ahead of Israel and Portugal (both 2-1-2). Northern Ireland (0-1-3) has three points, ahead of Azerbaijan on goal difference, and Luxembourg (0-3-2) is last with two.
Northern Ireland hosts Israel on Tuesday. Portugal, held to a 3-3 draw at Israel on Friday, is at Azerbaijan and will play without Cristiano Ronaldo, suspended for accumulation of yellow cards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in