Prosecutors won't file charges in Oklahoma City officer shooting
Cleveland County prosecutors will not file charges against an Oklahoma City police officer accused of firing his gun in September while at his home on S Robinson. Two schools in Moore went on lockdown after the incident.
NORMAN — Cleveland County prosecutors said they will not file charges against an Oklahoma City police officer accused of firing his gun while at his home last month.
The decision was announced by Oklahoma City police department in a Saturday morning news release. No one from the department was able to comment.
An elementary school and a high school were locked down Sept. 27 after neighbors and school staff reported hearing gunshots from a residence in the 12900 block of S Robinson.
An Oklahoma City police spokesman said Oct. 5 that the wife of an officer who lives on S Robinson reported her husband was acting strangely and that police took the officer to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
Police did not identify the officer, but several people in the neighborhood said the shots were fired at 12916 S Robinson, the home of Sgt. Chris Suriano, a 22-year veteran of the force who works in the department's patrol division. Suriano could not be reached for comment Saturday.
It is a crime to discharge a firearm within city limits, according to a city ordinance.
An administrative investigation by the department's internal affairs office will continue, the news release said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated