'No Guns Allowed' signs inviting to criminals
Those who post “No Guns Allowed” signs on their premises are fooling themselves if they think those signs will stop an armed criminal or armed mentally ill people. The signs will stop the law-abiding public, but criminals and mentally ill people will use this as an invitation to enter without harm to them knowing that no one inside is armed. Even if an armed guard is inside, a criminal will take him out first and then do his shooting. Those who post “No Guns Allowed” should rethink their decision.
NewsOK Related Articles
John Gover, Altus
Gover is a former police officer, NCIS Agent, CLEET-certified investigator and banking executive.
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims