No timeline for ex-President Bush leaving hospital
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush remains in stable condition more than two weeks after entering a Houston hospital for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough.
Methodist Hospital spokesman George Kovacik (koh-VAH'-chik) said Saturday the 88-year-old Bush continues to improve, but doctors are being cautious with his care.
Kovacik says physicians have provided no timeline for when the 41st president will be discharged. Bush was admitted to the hospital the day after Thanksgiving. He had a weeklong stay for the same illness earlier in November.
Bush and his wife, Barbara, divide their time between their residences in Houston and Kennebunkport, Maine.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort