No. 1 Oklahoma blasts Tulsa, 47-14
NORMAN — Landry Jones re-established his connection with All-American receiver Ryan Broyles, Dominique Whaley ran for four scores in his debut and top-ranked Oklahoma beat Tulsa 47-14 Saturday night.
Videoview all videos
Sep 4OSU rolls up over 600 yards of offense in a rout over the...
Sep 4Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell break down the 61-34 win...
Sep 4Walk-on running back Dominique Whaley scored four...
Sep 4Berry Tramel and Travis Haney discuss the Sooners'...
Photoview all 151 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jones threw for 375 yards, Broyles came up just shy of his own school receptions record with 14 for 158 yards and the Sooners (1-0) extended the nation's longest home winning streak with their 37th straight win on Owen Field.
Broyles' 4-yard touchdown catch put Oklahoma up 30-0 with 4:23 left before halftime, and Tulsa (0-1) never mounted a challenge in Bill Blankenship's first game as head coach.
The Sooners opened at No. 1 for the first time since 2003, and had held the top spot for only two weeks over the past seven seasons.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified