Oklahoma State basketball: No. 12 Cowgirls fall at Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Brittany Chambers scored 26 points, and Kansas State rode its 3-point shooting to a 76-70 overtime upset of No. 12 Oklahoma State on Wednesday night.
Chambers made six of Kansas State's 16 3-pointers. Haley Texada added 14 points and Midwest City's Mariah White had 11 for the Wildcats (12-7, 3-4 Big 12), who made just seven shots from inside the arc and shot 35 percent overall.
Del City's Toni Young scored 22 points, and Brittney Martin chipped in 15 for the Cowgirls (14-3, 3-3), who forced overtime on Tiffany Bias' jumper with 8 seconds left in regulation. But OSU never led in the extra session and saw its three-game winning streak snapped.
Oklahoma State shot a respectable 46 percent from the floor, but the Cowgirls, who entered the game averaging a Big 12-leading 6.8 more turnovers per game than their opponents, committed an uncharacteristic 18 turnovers to the Wildcats' nine.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims