No. 12 Sooners right on schedule for Big 12 title
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Like clockwork, Bob Stoops has No. 12 Oklahoma in position to contend for a Big 12 championship.
If history holds, the Sooners (9-2, 7-1 Big 12) will beat TCU this week and have No. 7 Kansas State lose to No. 23 Texas to claim the conference crown outright. After all, Oklahoma has won the Big 12 championship in every even-numbered year since Stoops has been the coach.
Sooners players say they'll be pulling for archrival Texas to help them win the outright title but they have to take care of their own business Saturday against the Horned Frogs (7-4, 4-4).
One year after emphasizing the Big 12's "One True Champion" campaign, Stoops now says he'd have no problem accepting a split conference championship.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort