No. 13 Seminoles look to rebound in ACC title game
The Yellow Jackets beat the Seminoles in 2008 and 2009 — Bobby Bowden's final two seasons at Florida State.
"When you play good teams, it's a game on inches," Fisher said in a last look back at his first loss to the Gators in three meetings. And there was no argument Monday that Florida was the best team the Seminoles faced this season.
"That was the first game we have lost to an SEC opponent," Fisher noted, pointing to wins over Florida in 2010 and 2011 and a 2010 bowl win over South Carolina. "We're Florida State, we'll be right there with them ... line up and play with them every week. You can bank on it."
Fisher also dismissed reports about considering other coaching opportunities the day after a handful of coaches were fired across the country, including Gene Chizik at Auburn where Fisher spent a half dozen seasons as an assistant coach in the 1990s.
"I plan on being here a long time," Fisher told reporters. "I'm very happy, I'm very content here."
Fisher, who is paid $2.7 million annually, said his agent hadn't been contacted by any other schools.
"This is where I want to be," Fisher reiterated. "I plan on being here a long time. There's still a lot more we can do."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located