No. 15 Louisville women crush Cincinnati 72-33
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — No. 15 Louisville played havoc with Cincinnati's offense Friday night, forcing 31 turnovers in a 72-33 Big East rout.
Nine of the 10 players used by the Cardinals (15-4, 3-2) made at least one steal, with Antonita Slaughter and Sara Hammond leading the way with four each.
Slaughter scored 13 points and Hammond 12 for Louisville, which held the Bearcats (8-9, 0-4) to 15 points in the first half and 18 in the second. Shoni Schimmel added 11 points and Megan Deines 10 for the Cardinals.
Leading 31-15 at halftime, Louisville began the second half with a 19-3 run that included five consecutive unanswered 3-pointers.
Cincinnati's point total was its lowest of the season, and it committed a season-high in turnovers for the second straight game. The Bearcats turned it over 25 times Tuesday night in a 77-44 loss to South Florida.
Dayeesha Hollins scored 11 points for Cincinnati but committed nine turnovers.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad