No. 16 Oklahoma women beat TCU 85-79
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Aaryn Ellenberg scored 26 points and Joanna McFarland had 24 points and 11 rebounds Wednesday night to lead No. 16 Oklahoma to an 85-79 victory over TCU.
Morgan Hook had 13 points and 12 assists. Her three-point play with 1:33 to play put the Sooners (13-2, 3-0 Big 12) ahead 79-77, and they maintained the lead after that.
Ellenberg was 6 of 15 from behind the 3-point line, accounting for all but one of Oklahoma's long-range baskets. The Sooners shot 49 percent from the field.
Natalie Ventress led TCU (7-7, 0-3) with 27 points. Zahna Medley had 11 points and 13 assists for the Horned Frogs, who led 44-39 at halftime.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims