No. 17 Oklahoma women defeat Texas 78-70
AUSTIN, Texas — Sharane Campbell scored 24 points as No. 17 Oklahoma defeated Texas 78-70 on Saturday.
Campbell made all three of her 3-point attempts, as did Morgan Hook, who finished with 17 points for the Sooners (12-2, 2-0 Big 12). Hook also had six rebounds. Aaryn Ellenberg scored 18 points for Oklahoma, which led by double digits for most of the second half after edging West Virginia at home on Wednesday, 71-68.
Oklahoma was 11 for 17 (65 percent) from 3-point range — 9 of 11 in the second half — and 51 percent overall from the field. Empress Davenport and Chassidy Fussell scored 14 points apiece for the Longhorns (7-6, 0-2), who have dropped four in a row. Nneka Enemkpali had 12 points and 10 rebounds, and Imani McGee-Stafford had 12 points and nine rebounds for Texas. The Longhorns held a 48-25 rebounding advantage but shot 40 percent.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims