No. 20 Florida State women trump Clemson 83-61
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Natasha Howard scored 19 points with 11 rebounds as every starter for No. 20 Florida State reached double figures and the Seminoles downed Atlantic Coast Conference foe Clemson 83-61 Sunday.
Florida State (18-4, 8-3) has won six of seven, the lone loss coming to No. 11 North Carolina on Jan. 31.
Howard became the 28th Florida State player to surpass 1,000 points for her career. Chelsea Davis also had 19 points, Leonor Rodriguez and Alexa Deluzio added 16 and Morgan Toles 10 for the Seminoles.
Florida State's Chasity Clayton sat out after rolling her ankle in the loss against UNC, and is considered day-to-day.
Quinyotta Pettaway turned in 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers (6-15, 2-8), who have lost three of their past four, with all the losses coming to ranked ACC opponents.
Florida State has won nine straight in the rivalry and 20 of the past 21.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M