No. 21 Colorado women defeat Arizona State 57-43
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — Chucky Jeffery scored 19 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to lead No. 21 Colorado over Arizona State 57-43 Friday night.
Jeffery was 6 of 12 from the field in her double-double performance. She leads the Buffaloes in rebounding, averaging 8.1 per game.
Arielle Roberson had seven points and 11 rebounds for Colorado (14-2, 3-2 Pac-12).
Arizona State (10-7, 2-3) led 26-22 at halftime but could not keep pace with Colorado in the second half. Colorado shot 37.8 percent from the field for the game, while Arizona State shot 23.6 percent. Colorado outrebounded Arizona State 47-31.
Freshman Haley Videckis led the Sun Devils with 11 points. Janae Fulcher, Colorado's scoring leader, had five rebounds and six points. Promise Amukamara also had five rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims