No. 22 Dayton women rout Butler 82-39
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Amber Deane had 18 points and 11 rebounds Saturday and No. 22 Dayton routed Butler 82-39 in the Atlantic 10 Conference opener for both schools.
Andrea Hoover and Samantha Mackay had 13 points apiece for the Flyers (13-1), who were playing for the first time since their only loss Dec. 30 against Bowling Green.
Daress McClung and Liz Stratman led Butler (9-7) with 11 points each. Stratman scored 10 in the second half.
The Bulldogs stayed close until midway through the first half, when the Flyers went on a 10-0 run and eventually led 44-22 at halftime.
Butler was playing its first game in the Atlantic 10 after leaving the Horizon League.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction