No. 22 Florida State women defeat NC State 82-74
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Leonor Rodriguez scored 21 points and Alexa Deluzio had 19 as No. 22 Florida State defeated North Carolina State 82-74 Sunday in an Atlantic Coast Conference game.
The Seminoles (15-3, 5-2) used a 22-3 run to overcome a 67-56 N.C. State advantage with 7:36 remaining. A 3-pointer by Deluzio began the run, and two free throws by Chelsea Davis with 2:56 left put Florida State ahead 71-70, its first lead of the second half.
The victory by the Seminoles avenged a 74-71 loss to the Wolfpack (8-11, 0-7) in the first round of last season's ACC tournament, the last time the teams met.
Davis finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds for Florida State, and Natasha Howard added 12 points.
Kody Burke scored 16 points and Marissa Kastanek 14, and Krystal Barrett had 10 points and eight assists for North Carolina State, which has lost its last six games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say