No. 24 Nebraska women defeat Iowa 66-46
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Rachel Theriot scored 19 points and No. 24 Nebraska won its ninth game in a row, defeating Iowa 66-46 on Sunday.
Jordan Hooper and Lindsey Moore scored 10 points apiece and Moore had eight assists for the Cornhuskers (21-6, 11-3 Big Ten), who kept their hopes alive of sharing the conference championship.
Nebraska's last two conference games are at Wisconsin on Thursday and at home next Sunday against No. 7 Penn State, which owns at least a share of the Big Ten title.
Samantha Logic led the Hawkeyes (17-11, 6-8) with 12 points. She scored the game's first basket, but that was Iowa's only lead and the Huskers went on to lead 29-20 at halftime.
Iowa, which has lost six of its last seven, fell to 7-2 against ranked teams this season. The Hawkeyes' other loss in that category was to Penn State.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?