Oklahoma State basketball: No. 25 Cowgirls beat West Virginia
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Brittney Martin scored a career-high 21 points, and No. 25 Oklahoma State pulled away from West Virginia 64-54 Wednesday night to split the season series.
The Cowgirls, who have won three Big 12 Conference road games for the first time since 2009-10, lost to the Mountaineers 67-61 on Jan. 29 in Stillwater and were coming off Sunday's 80-61 loss at No. 23 Oklahoma.
Oklahoma State (17-6, 6-6 Big 12) trailed 22-20 when Toni Young's layup and jumper sparked a 10-0 run en route to a 35-25 halftime lead.
The Mountaineers trimmed the deficit to 37-35 on Christal Caldwell's 3-pointer, but Martin answered with a trey to launch a 10-2 spurt.
Tiffany Bias scored 14 points, and with two steals became the third Cowgirl to reach 1,000 points, 500 assists and 200 steals. Young added 12 points and 16 rebounds for her 31st career double-double.
Averee Fields' 21 points paced the Mountaineers (14-10, 6-7).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister