No. 25 Purdue women beat Illinois 76-65
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Courtney Moses scored 21 points, leading four Purdue players in double figures, and the 25th-ranked Boilermakers defeated Illinois 76-65 on Sunday.
Drey Mingo scored 18 and Sam Ostarello and KK Houser had 12 points apiece. Ostarello had nine rebounds while Houser contributed seven rebounds and eight assists for Purdue (21-8, 10-6 Big Ten). It was the regular-season finale for both teams; the Big Ten tournament begins Thursday in Hoffman Estates, Ill.
The Boilermakers took control with a 13-0 run midway through the second half that gave them a 60-50 lead.
Karisma Penn had 23 points and eight rebounds to lead the Illini (16-12, 9-7). Adrienne GodBold scored 18 points and Ivory Crawford scored 11.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims