No. 3 OSU survives scare from No. 17 K-State
OSU FOOTBALL — Brandon Weeden threw for a school-record 502 yards and four touchdowns, and Joseph Randle scored the final, tie-breaking 23-yard touchdown with 2:16 remaining to lift No. 3 Oklahoma State to a 52-45 victory against No. 17 Kansas State on Saturday night.
Videoview all videos
Nov 6Brandon Weeden sets a school record, as the Cowboys hold...
Photoview all 43 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Much like his Cowboy team, which scored 20 straight points after trailing 24-14 early in the second quarter, Weeden responded after a shaky first half where he tossed two interceptions, including one that was returned by Allen Chapman for a 60-yard touchdown to give K-State a 10-point lead.
Those interceptions didn’t matter much to Weeden after the game.
“The touchdowns,” Weeden said of what he’ll remember. “We won. The interceptions are over. That’s part of playing as a quarterback.”
With Josh Cooper unavailable to play because of a pulled hamstring, Blackmon and Tracy Moore were Weeden’s primary targets. Blackmon finished with 13 catches for 205 yards and two touchdowns, while Moore had nine catches for 146 yards and a touchdown.
Blackmon got his own redemption on the 54-yard touchdown catch. He fumbled twice, including once near the goal line that was recovered by David Garrett in the end zone to halt a potential scoring drive.
“The good new is, both of those guys, our quarterback and our wideout, believe in themselves and just bounce right back and play,” OSU offensive coordinator Todd Monken said.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law