Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Johnson slumped over as he walked to the sideline after making a 21-yard catch on the fifth offensive play of the game. Trainers attended to him on the sideline before walking with him to the locker room after the Sooners' first possession ended with a missed field goal. Johnson is Oklahoma's leading receiver with 32 catches for 553 yards and eight touchdowns this season. Seven of those scores have come in the past three weeks. He was replaced by Quentin Chaney.
No. 4 Sooners lose top receiver to injury
NORMAN - No. 4 Oklahoma lost its top receiver today when Manuel Johnson went to the locker room in the first quarter of the Sooners' game against No. 16 Kansas with an apparent injury to his left arm.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort