No. 6 Florida QB Driskel to start at No. 10 FSU
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — No. 6 Florida will have its starting quarterback back in the starting lineup against one of its biggest rivals.
Coach Will Muschamp said Wednesday that sophomore Jeff Driskel will return to the starting lineup for Saturday's game at No. 10 Florida State (10-1).
Jeff Driskel looked very good at practice (Tuesday) and he'll be ready to go," Muschamp said on the Southeastern Conference coaches teleconference.
Driskel sprained his right ankle Nov. 10 against Louisiana-Lafayette and sat out last weekend's 23-0 win over lower-division Jacksonville State. Jacoby Brissett started in his place and completed 14 of 22 passes for 154 yards.
Driskel was on the sideline during the game without a walking boot, worked out Sunday and was cleared to practice Tuesday.
"He looked fine," Muschamp said. "We did everything we normally do. There was nothing limited within the package of what we did with him, with the way we normally prepare for any game. So again, looked very good yesterday, and unless something just unheard of happens in practice today or tomorrow, he ought to be ready to go Saturday."
Driskel has completed 65 percent of his passes for 1,324 yards, with 10 touchdowns and three interceptions.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?