No. 6 Georgia women cruise past Mercer, 80-38
Hassell and James combined to score eight of Georgia's first 11 points of the second half.
That gave the Lady Bulldogs a 45-23 lead, which reached 54-25 on Ford's 3 with 12:35 remaining.
Georgia had 18 steals and forced Mercer into 28 turnovers. The Lady Bulldogs also had 22 assists and only eight turnovers.
"I thought we came out and executed beautifully in the half court (in the second half)," Landers said. "We put the ball in the right person's hands at the right time, and that person finished every single time. It was just beautiful execution to take what was a 12- or 13-point lead and to turn it into more like a 25- or 26-point lead."
The Lady Bulldogs' lead increased to 46 points on Danielle Bennett's 3 with 1:41 left in the game.
Kendra Grant scored 16 points to lead the Bears, who are playing without their two leading returning scorers from last season.
They shot 29 percent (15 for 52) from the field.
Briana Williams, who led the Atlantic Sun Conference in scoring the past two years, is out for the year with a torn ACL and Ry'van Buchanan is out with a meniscus injury. They combined for more than 28 points a game last season.
Khaalidah Miller added 10 points for the Lady Bulldogs and Butler established her career high with nine points.
Fellow freshman Shacobia Barbee had five points, but added six rebounds, six assists and six steals.
"I really do think that depth makes a difference for us because you don't have anybody really going out there and playing 40 minutes or 30 minutes," Butler said. "Everybody is playing 16 to 25 minutes, so it keeps everyone fresh and everyone playing hard."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive