Norman chamber executive receives award
NORMAN -- The Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce Executives (OCCE) this week named John Woods, president & CEO of the Norman Chamber, as this year’s New Executive of the Year.
Woods received this award at the organization’s annual meeting Nov. 7-9 in Norman. The New Executive of the Year award recognizes leadership in an executive role in a chamber profession employed for three years or less. The recipient must exemplify leadership qualities and be working to make their chamber and community better.
This award is one of several that OCCE presents every year to highlight accomplishments and encourage the highest professional standards for the chamber executives.
“John is a remarkable person with boundless energy who skillfully balances the roles of chamber president, civic leader and father,” said Robin Allen, senior vice president of operations, Norman Chamber of Commerce. “John is a listener and bridge builder, always striving to build coalitions and to set past differences aside. He is one of the most positive people I know.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins