Norman chamber to host inaugural State of the Schools
NORMAN -- The Norman Chamber of Commerce Business and Education Committee is proud to host the State of the Schools 2012.
The event is scheduled for 9 a.m. Nov. 15 in Fenn Hall at McFarlin Methodist Church. Dr. Joe Siano, Superintendent of Norman Public Schools, will provide informative information about the current status of our public schools.
“We applaud the Norman Chamber of Commerce and its engaged leadership for launching a first annual State of Schools event to educate the Norman community about the status of its public schools, their successes and their challenges,” Siano said.
“School health and economic development go hand in hand. We have so much to celebrate in this community and we have the ability to overcome any challenges by charting a determined course together. I am excited by the exchange of information and meaningful dialogue with Norman’s business leaders that will occur on Nov. 15.”
“This event is a great opportunity for our community and business leaders to not only hear about the successes happening in Norman Public Schools but to learn more about the challenges facing our schools today,” said Robyn Castleberry, Business and Education co-chair.
The Business and Education committee creates and sustains mutually beneficial partnerships between schools and businesses. Their main program, Partners in Education, encourages more collaborative efforts between schools, local businesses and organizations. These organizations provide programs, materials and personnel that add to the school curriculum and enhance student learning.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense