Norman City Council will discuss improvements to University North Park Addition
Norman City Council members will get a progress report on improvements to the tax increment financing district east of Interstate 35 on 24th Avenue NW, between Robinson Street and Tecumseh Road.
NORMAN — City council members will discuss the University North Park Addition in a conference Tuesday before the council's regular business meeting.
The conference is at 5 p.m. and the council meeting at 6:30 p.m. at city hall, 201 W Gray St.
City staff members will give a progress report on work being done in the University North Park Addition, a tax increment financing district on the east side of Interstate 35 on 24th Avenue NW, between Robinson Street and Tecumseh Road.
Street improvements are going on in the area to pave the way for Legacy Park, a public park expected to be the focal point of the district once it is completed.
The seven-acre park will feature a man-made lake, amphitheater, public art, walks and an area where restaurants could be built around the lake.
During the business meeting, council members will consider a preliminary plat for land adjacent to Harvest Church on 36th Avenue NW, just north of Indian Hills Road. The church wants to add a parking lot and recreational ball fields on the property.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'