Norman fans cheer a booming restaurant sector
Norman has good food offerings all over town.
Mamaveca Mexican-Peruvian restaurant, 2551 Hemphill Drive, serves good Mexican food, but the Peruvian menu is the real draw. The Ceviche de Mixto hits the spot on a hot day, or you can try the same variety of seafood fried in a crunchy batter in a dish called Jalea.
Misal Bistro, 580 Ed Noble Parkway, has been serving a variety of Indian kebabs and curry dishes for three decades. The restaurant also offers a buffet for those new to Indian cuisine.
On sunny days, there's no place better to sip a frozen highball than The Mont, 1300 Classen Blvd., which also offers a wide-reaching menu in an unmatched courtyard setting. The Mont is also a favorite spot to spend Friday nights before the big game.
Legend's Restaurant, 1313 W Lindsey, has been the benchmark for fine dining in Norman for almost four decades. Just beyond the city limits north, you'll find Royal Bavaria, which offers a unique biergarten dining experience. For early arrivers, The Diner, 213 E Main, specializes in breakfast and lunch. Van's Pig Stand, 320 N Porter Ave., and The Service Station, 502 S Webster Ave., are longtime favorites.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area