Norman fire victims identified
A Norman funeral home confirmed the identities of a man and his 3-year-old daughter who died Wednesday in a house fire.
NORMAN — Three-year-old Amber Finley loved the moon and the stars more than anything.
Her father, Cory Finley, 24, loved showing her the moon and stars, because above all else he loved Amber, a family member said Friday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 10 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Amber and Cory Finley died in a house fire Wednesday in Norman.
Cory Finley's aunt, DeAnne Patman, of Odessa, Texas, said services for the two will be 10 a.m. Monday at Havenbrook Funeral Home in Norman.
A viewing for Amber will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
Cory Finley will be cremated, and his ashes buried in the casket with Amber, Patman said.
The family is struggling to deal with the loss, she said.
“Cory loved computers, and he loved to play the guitar. But what he loved most was Amber,” she said.
Amber, who turned 3 in December, loved to shop and watch Nickelodeon on television, Patman said, “but what she loved the most was the moon and the stars.”
She also loved the family dog, Buster, a Chihuahua, who also died in the fire.
“He was found beside her,” Patman said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister