Norman fire victims identified
A Norman funeral home confirmed the identities of a man and his 3-year-old daughter who died Wednesday in a house fire.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 10 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Amber was discovered in the living room next to Buster.
She was taken to Norman Regional Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
When firefighters arrived, they discovered a fire in the garage that had spread to the attic, with heavy smoke throughout the house at 2605 Richardson Drive, Norman Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said.
Bailey said investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire, which erupted about 3:30 a.m.
Investigators think the fire was accidental, based on evidence they have looked at so far, Bailey said.
Cory Finley's parents, Richard and Brenda Finley, own the house but were out of town when the fire occurred, neighbors said.
A fund to help with funeral expenses has been set up at any Chase bank. The account number is 172181280.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash