Norman news briefs
Norman news briefs for Feb. 9
Arts market is Saturday
A Valentine's Arts Market will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 1309 W Boyd St. Live music will be performed by Jahruba. The market will feature jewelry, wearable art, paintings, prints, ceramics, hand-knit items, sculpture and books. Those attending are asked to bring donations of microwave popcorn and Kool-Aid or other wrapped snacks for Bethesda Inc.
Fly-tying workshop is planned
Fly fishing enthusiasts can participate in a fly-tying workshop offered from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 16 at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History. Fly-Tying Frenzy will give adult fishermen a chance to design and develop their own realistic, aquatic-insect-based fishing lures. Entomologist Andy Boswell will lead the workshop. The cost is $20 for museum members and $30 for nonmembers. To register, call 325-1008 or go to www.snomnh.ou.edu/adult-programs.
Library sponsors garden workshop
The Norman Public Library will sponsor a garden workshop from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday in the Lowry Room at the library, 225 N Webster Ave. Local gardening expert Norm Park will lead the program, which will emphasize the process of starting successful vegetable and flower gardens from seeds. Chris Ward, with the Cleveland County Conservation District, will talk about water-saving techniques in the garden. Participants may bring seeds to swap. No registration is required.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law