Norman news briefs
Norman news briefs for Feb. 13
Valentine fundraiser set
The University of Oklahoma School of Art and Art History will hold its third annual Art From the Heart fundraiser from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the Lightwell Gallery. For $15, participants get to select one piece of original art along with an all-you-can eat lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and soup. Proceeds help fund student travel and scholarships.
Trombone Choir will perform
The University of Oklahoma Trombone Choir will perform under the direction of Irvin L. Wagner at 8 p.m. Friday at the Catlett Music Center, Boyd Street and Elm Avenue. The choir will perform a program called Favorite Sweetheart Songs in honor of Valentine's Day, as well as a medley of songs about cowboys and the heritage of the West. Wagner also will present a premiere of his new composition “The Legacy.” The public concert is free.
City solicits nominations
Nominations are being accepted for the city's Children's Rights Award for Outstanding Service to Children. Nomination letters should be sent to P.O. Box 370, Norman, OK 73070, or emailed to email@example.com. For more information, call Carol Coles at 366-5404.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims