Norman Police Department identifies Tuesday's traffic fatalities
David Tompkins, 27, of Moore, and David Jester, 29, of Norman, died Tuesday in Norman's six-car collision on N Flood Avenue, police reported.
NORMAN — Police have identified the two men who died in Tuesday's six-car collision on N Flood Avenue.
David Tompkins, 27, of Moore, was taken to Norman Regional Hospital where he died.
David Jester, 29, of Norman, was pronounced dead at the scene, police reported.
Preliminary information shows the sport utility vehicle Tompkins was driving crossed into oncoming traffic while traveling south on Flood, Capt. Tom Easley said.
David Lee Gibbs, 48, of Norman, and Robert Thomas Lorrah, 38, of Norman, suffered injuries, Easley said.
The other two drivers involved, Brian Scott McDonald, 21, of Alex, and Nicholas Heath Taylor, 31, of Norman, did not report injuries from the collision, he said.
The collision is being investigated, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater