Norman police-fire benefit set for Thursday
The annual Police-Fire Chili Supper will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Norman High School commons, 911 W Main St.
NORMAN — The annual Police-Fire Chili Supper to benefit the Cleveland County Christmas Store is scheduled for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Norman High School commons, 911 W Main St. Tickets are $5. Children under 5 eat free.
Norman police Sgt. Jennifer Newell said all proceeds go to the Christmas Store because police and firefighters are able to get supplies for the dinner donated.
Last year, the event raised more than $6,500 for the store, which provides a way for low-income families to shop and provide Christmas for their loved ones.
Diners can eat in the commons or take food to go. In either case, parking is recommended in the high school's east parking lot.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at the Norman Police or Fire Department, the University of Oklahoma Police Department and the Norman Public Schools campus police, or are available at the door.
To make a donation or for more information, call Newell at 366-5267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater