Norman prepares for annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner
Volunteers and donations are still being accepted for Norman's annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner, which is set for 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
NORMAN — Volunteers and monetary donations are still needed for this year's Community Thanksgiving Dinner, organizers said.
Dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day in The Commons at Norman High School, 911 W Main St. Meal delivery is available for shut-ins by calling 360-4954.
The dinner is coordinated annually by Food and Shelter Inc., United Way of Norman, the city of Norman, the Salvation Army and Community Action of Central Oklahoma.
“Everyone is welcome, and no reservations are needed,” said Renee O'Leary, of the United Way of Norman.
About 150 volunteers generally are needed to help prepare, serve and/or clean up after the meal, organizers said, and monetary donations go toward providing the traditional dishes of a holiday dinner.
To volunteer, call 360-4954, ext. 103. To donate money, send checks or money orders to Food and Shelter Inc., P.O. Box 5537, Norman, OK 73069.
Food and Shelter also is accepting coat donations in preparation for the winter. Coats may be dropped off at the organization, 104 W Comanche St.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located