Norman School Board fills key positions
New hirings were announced at a recent meeting of the Norman School Board.
NORMAN — Several people have been hired for key positions in the Norman School District and for individual school sites for the 2012-2013 school year.
School board members approved the appointments during a Monday board meeting.
The new hirings include Beth Spears as director of staff development and student achievement and Holly Swanson Nevels as director of secondary education.
Brooke Davis was appointed assistant principal for Kennedy Elementary School. Tiffany Dixon will assume the assistant principal position at Eisenhower Elementary School. Shelly Ellis and Toby Blair will serve as assistant principals at Longfellow Middle School, and Steve Spears has been named assistant principal at Norman North High School.
All are replacing employees who are leaving the district or have accepted positions elsewhere in the district.
Beth Spears, Nevels, Ellis and Steve Spears currently serve the district in other positions. The school district is accepting applications for their replacements. Currently, Beth Spears is principal of Roosevelt Elementary, Nevels is principal of Whittier Middle School, Ellis is a counselor at Norman North High School and Steve Spears is an assistant principal at Irving Middle School.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister