North Texas-Kansas State Capsule
North Texas (1-1) at No. 15 Kansas State (2-0), 7 p.m. (FSN)
Line: Kansas State by 28Â½
Series Record: Kansas State leads 5-1
WHAT'S AT STAKE
The Wildcats are coming off a 52-13 blowout of Miami and are trying to keep momentum rolling into next Saturday's showdown at No. 5 Oklahoma, a game that should help decide the Big 12. The Mean Green, who lost 41-14 loss to No. 3 LSU in their opener, will be preparing for Sun Belt play.
North Texas coach Dan McCarney against Kansas State coach Bill Snyder. McCarney is in his second year trying to build North Texas, where Snyder was an assistant in the late 1970s. The two are no strangers, though: McCarney beat Kansas State twice when he was coaching Iowa State.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
North Texas: RB Antoinne Jimmerson had 139 yards rushing on just 15 carries in the Mean Green's 34-7 win over Texas Southern last week. The freshman helped the team pile up 352 yards rushing in the game.
Kansas State: RB John Hubert is often overshadowed by QB Collin Klein, but he's gone over 100 yards rushing each of the first two weeks, and is averaging better than 8 yards per carry. He'll face a North Texas defense that allowed LSU's Kenny Hilliard (141 yards) and Alfred Blue (123) to have big days.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in