Northeast Oklahoma City shooting kills Midwest City woman
A shooting Wednesday at a northeast Oklahoma City house left a Midwest City woman dead and two people wounded. Neighbors said the shooting was the second at the property in a month.
A Midwest City woman was killed in a shooting at a northeast Oklahoma City residence, authorities said Thursday.
Quashea Monique Durham, 20, was declared dead at the scene Wednesday night. The state medical examiner identified Durham and ruled her death a homicide.
Oklahoma City police identified two other people injured in the shooting as Titus Gaddis, 18, and Courtney Henson, 18. They were taken to OU Medical Center and were expected to survive.
Police responded about 9:20 p.m. to a disturbance at 1820 N Kelham, where they discovered Durham's body on the porch.
The house sits on the corner of NE 18 and N Kelham.
A day after the incident, the porch had been sprayed clean. A pacifier sat atop a window frame and crime scene tape was visible in the backyard.
The shooting was the second at the property in a month, and the occupants were young people and small children, neighbors said.
Neighbors said a man walked up to the property and started shooting. They heard five to seven shots, then screaming. A person who lives nearby said it's possible the home doubles as a recording studio.
Saying they feared retribution, those who spoke wouldn't give their names.
The house belongs to the Oklahoma City Housing Authority, Oklahoma County records show.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M