Notre Dame-Navy: Why Brian Kelly is this week's Coach on the Hot Seat
WEEK ONE IMPERATIVE — Navy is the softest team on a tough Notre Dame schedule. The Irish had better win Saturday in Dublin.
Notre Dame doesn't have too many easy games in 2012. The Irish play Michigan, Michigan State, Miami, Stanford, BYU, OU, Pitt and Southern Cal.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Navy ranks as perhaps Notre Dame's softest opponent – the teams meet Saturday in Dublin, Ireland — but things might not come easy for the Irish.
After beating Navy 43 straight seasons, Notre Dame has lost three of the last five games in the series. The Irish won 56-14 last year in South Bend, but Notre Dame will play without suspended quarterback Tommy Rees. Sophomore Everett Golson will start for the Irish.
Irish coach Brian Kelly has coached the Irish to 8-5 seasons each of his first two seasons. A victory over Navy is a must to launch Notre Dame to an even better season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims