Notre Dame QB Golson will start against OU
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly says quarterback Everett Golson did well during a full workout and will start for the No. 5 Fighting Irish at No. 8 Oklahoma on Saturday.
Kelly said Tuesday that Golson is at 100 percent. Kelly benched Golson against Brigham Young last week as a precaution, saying he wanted to give him more time to recover from a concussion sustained in a helmet-to-helmet hit against Stanford.
Kelly says Golson is feeling confident heading into the game against the Sooners (5-1).
Golson has struggled at times for the Irish (7-0), but Kelly says he is making progress. Kelly says Golson had his best four plays against Stanford just before he was hurt.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins