NRA dedicated to preserving rights of gun owners
The assertion by Lowell Adams (Your Views, Jan. 20) that the NRA isn't dedicated to the preservation of gun owners' rights is a falsehood. All Adams has to do is look at the actions the NRA has taken over the years. His assertion that no organization has plans to disarm citizens is erroneous; the desire to disarm by some is without doubt. We not only have to combat those in our country whose desire for power prompts their war on civilian gun ownership, but we have to combat the United Nations and its gun control initiative. I suspect that Adams is displeased with the NRA because of its fight against this initiative.
NewsOK Related Articles
Those who were responsible for framing our rights and responsibilities were wise men. The reason for their actions becomes more evident each day. If we're to be citizens instead of subjects, we can't allow further erosion in our ability to defend against those whose desire is complete control of our lives. Apathy is no longer an option.
Graydon L. Persing, Del City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort