NRA members support background checks
Frank Luntz is a respected political consultant and pollster for the Republican Party. Last spring he was hired by Mayors against Illegal Guns. His poll found that NRA members strongly support mandatory criminal background checks for anyone buying a gun and requiring gun owners to report lost or stolen guns to the police. U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Muskogee, also supports background checks. The congressional leadership needs to recognize that the American people want a vote on gun control measures. Most of us believe the victims of gun violence deserve a vote.
NewsOK Related Articles
Penny Norman, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort