NTSB: 787 battery approval should be reconsidered
WASHINGTON — The government should reassess its safety approval of the Boeing 787's lithium ion batteries, the nation's top accident investigator said Thursday, casting doubt on whether the airliner's troubles can be remedied quickly.
If Boeing is forced to switch to a different type of battery, it would add weight to the plane — and fuel efficiency is one of the 787's main selling points.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located