Nuggets coach George Karl on J.R. Smith: ‘I hope he's ready to play on Saturday...'
The reality is — only the Spurs and Bulls had better home records than the Nuggets, who host the next two first-round games — and will finally have every player available.
Videoview all videos
Apr 21Two games into their first playoff series the Thunder is...
Apr 21Riding high with a 2-0 series lead, Scott Brooks and his...
Apr 21Kevin Durant scored a game-high 23 points and OKC led...
Apr 21Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel explain how OKC was...
Photoview all 52 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But the reality is — after losing the first two games at Oklahoma City, the Nuggets “didn't have a pulse” in Thursday's team meeting, according to J.R. Smith, the mercurial guard who admitted there is “a strong possibility” he will sign with a new team this summer.
The talented reserve guard, who coach George Karl routinely calls a “good-bad player,” was pretty much just bad in Game 2, shooting 1-for-6 in about seven minutes, while logging a minus-17 in plus-minus rating.
This after nine points and a minus-11 in Game 1.
Karl was told Thursday that Smith felt if he isn't clicking on the court right away, he feels the coach won't give him a second chance.
“He gives us minus-17 in six minutes. Those guys shouldn't get second chances,” Karl said in response. “I'm not saying it was all his fault, I'm just saying — when that happens, I got to make a change. ...
“I hope he's ready to play on Saturday (in Game 3) and will be in a situation to bounce back.”
For more, go to DenverPost.com
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in