Nuremberg signs Mu Kanazaki from Nagoya Grampus
NUREMBERG, Germany (AP) — Nuremberg has signed Japanese midfielder Mu Kanazaki from J-League club Nagoya Grampus on a free transfer.
The Bundesliga team says the 23-year-old Kanazaki has agreed to a deal through June 2014, with the option of an extension for a further two years. The player's contract with Nagoya had expired.
Nuremberg coach Michael Wiesinger says "Mu can play across all offensive positions, increasing the variety and quality of our attack."
Kanazaki, who won the J-League with Nagoya Grampus in 2010, has made five appearances for Japan.
National team teammate Hiroshi Kiyotake joined Nuremberg last year.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes