Nursing home moving to East Providence waterfront
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Senior citizens at the Tockwotton Home nursing facility are ringing in the new — with a new address.
Residents of the Providence nursing home are preparing for their move to a 156-room assisted living and nursing care residence in East Providence. Construction of Tockwotton on the Waterfront is expected to be complete this month.
The project cost over $50 million. The new five-story building near Bold Point Park and the East Providence Yacht Club is expected to anchor the city's Waterfront District.
The current building, situated at the head of the Narragansett Bay near India Point Park, is up for sale.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims