NY construction contractors holding conference
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Hundreds of construction contractors from across New York state are gathering at an upstate hotel to discuss topics ranging from shale gas drilling to Manhattan transit projects.
The Associated General Contractors of New York State is hosting its 26th annual statewide construction industry conference starting Tuesday and running through Thursday at the Saratoga Springs Hilton and Civic Center.
The conference attendees will be joined by various Cuomo administration officials, including Department of Transportation Commissioner Joan McDonald, who's scheduled to speak at the conference Wednesday morning.
Discussions are planned on such topics as the hydraulic fracturing process known as "fracking" and New York City transit projects.
One of the featured speakers is Ted Zoli, the bridge architect who designed the Lake Champlain Bridge connecting New York and Vermont.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit