NYC auction to sell TV producer's artworks
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City auction house is offering works of contemporary art from the collection of television producer Douglas Cramer.
Christie's says the auction will be held on Nov. 14 and Nov. 15.
Cramer has produced such shows as "The Love Boat," ''Dynasty" and "Wonder Woman."
Works by Jasper Johns, Ellsworth Kelly, Richard Prince, Frank Stella and others are among those being offered for sale.
Cramer is a founder of the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art. He also was head of the painting and sculpture committee at New York's Museum of Modern Art.
He has donated works to museums around the world. They include the Tate Modern in London, and the Whitney Museum of American Art and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates